Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) asked motorists to help identify persons who left a balikbayan box in the middle of Shaw Boulevard Underpass along EDSA (Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue) in Mandaluyong City, which caused fear am...
Travel time to North and Central Luzon will now be reduced by around 30 minutes as the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), led by Secretary Mark Villar, formally opened on Tuesday the new 600-meter North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) ...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) launched on Tuesday what it describes as a blueprint of peace and order strategy in Metro Manila. Dubbed as Intensified Cleanliness Policy (ICP), the operational policy is aimed at cleaning Metro Man...
Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto proposed a three-fold increase in the city’s budget for medicines for 2020 to ensure wider access for patients. In a Facebook post, Sotto shared that he wants the budget for medicine to be raised to P253.5 million from t...
Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) General Manager Jojo Garcia has insisted that the yellow lane policy was not an anti-poor traffic solution strategy. “[Paano] naging anti-poor ‘to, ang makikinabang mismo commuters, kasi bibilis ...
The Taguig government continues to intensify its anti-dengue operations with the simultaneous cleanup drive on Friday. The massive cleanup, which was participated in by the community, Taguig City Hall employees and other stakeholders under the Depar...