Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
SM Markets said 29 of its stores will open for 24 hours starting Dec. 8 to give shoppers ample time to shop for their Christmas needs. SM Hypermarket Mall of Asia is the first one to operate 24 hours from Dec. 8 to 23 and Dec. 26 to 30, followed by ...
Inflation rate slightly picked up to 1.3 percent in November from a 42-month low of 0.7 percent in October, but the government said it is not a cause for concern/ Headline inflation slightly inched up after a five-month slowdown in price i...
Filipino boxers pulled away with seven gold medals in the 30th Southeast Asian Games, highlighted by a sensational first-round stoppage scored by Eumir Felix Marcial over his Vietnamese foe. World women’s champion Nesthy Petecio bannered the F...
Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso and Vice Mayor Maria Sheilah "Honey" Lacuna-Pangan met with the representatives of Cyberdyne, a company specialized in utilizing robotics for patients with neurological disorders. Cyber...
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) thew its support behind the Manila City government which declared the Panday Sining as persona non grata for defacing walls in the city. "We congratulate the City of Manila for thi...
Several members of the Philippine Army bagged gold medals at various sports competitions in December 1 and 2 during the 30th South East Asian Games. They were able to win a total of seven gold medals from Speak Takraw, Arnis, Judo, and Basketball ev...