Articles worth reading

DFA closes Aseana, Alabang offices 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is informing the public that the Office of Consular Affairs located in Aseana in Parañaque City, and its Consular Office in NCR South (Metro Alabang Town Center) will be closed on July 6, until further n...

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año

COVID-19 cases rise on easing of restrictions

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The recent increases in COVID-19 cases in the country may be linked to the government's decision to ease quarantine restrictions for the sake of economy, according to Interior Secretary Eduardo Año. “Somehow, ito ang resulta ng pag-...

Pasay opens tents for stranded passengers

account_balancePasay access_time4 days ago

Pasay City opened more rooms at the Villamor Airbase Elementary School (VABES) and set up tents at the school premises to accommodate locally stranded individuals (LSIs) whose number increased anew at the vicinity of the Ninoy Aquino Internation...

Caloocan News

72-year-old jeepney driver released 

account_balanceCaloocan chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

A Caloocan City court ordered the release of 72-year-old Elmer Cordero from prison on June 9.

Lawyer VJ Topacio posted the release order for Cordero from the Caloocan City Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 51. His camp posted bail worth P10,000 for an estafa case.

Caloocan City Police chief Police Colonel Dario Menor told GMA News Online that they would wait for the official copy of the court's order before releasing Cordero.

Four of the six drivers have been freed after each posted P3,000 bail on Monday. Police said Cordero and 43-year-old Wilson Ramilia were left in prison due to their pending cases.

Ramilia was also released on Tuesday, according to Topacio.

The lawyer told GMA News Online it was found out that a carnapping case against Ramilia had been dismissed years ago and that he had already served his sentence for another carnapping case that had been downgraded to qualified theft.

The PISTON drivers were arrested on June 2 for staging a protest as they were appealing that jeepneys should be allowed to resume operations amid the general community quarantine.

Topacio said the case against the drivers for simple disobedience to persons in authority will be heard by the court this month. 

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Caloocan shortens curfew hours

account_balanceCaloocan chrome_reader_mode4 days ago

Mayor Oscar “Oca” Malapitan approved on ordinance shortening curfew hours in Caloocan City as the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) continues in Metro Manila due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Pursuant to Ordinance No. 0876 authored by Counc...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Pasig launches economic recovery plan House panel rejects ABS-CBN’s bid for new franchise 2020 declared as ‘Year of Filipino Health Workers’ Senator pushes perks for work-from-home scheme Banks agree to keep InstaPay transactions free until December Gov't allows motorcycle barriers for backrides Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature