Articles worth reading

ARTA defends equal SRA for healthcare workers 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Anti-Red Tape Authority (ARTA) Director General Jeremiah Belgica believes that there should be no discrimination in the disbursement of the Special Risk Allowance (SRA) for healthcare workers, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Be...

Parañaque modifies liquor ban 

account_balanceParañaque access_time5 days ago

Parañaque City issued a public advisory on September 9 on the implementation of a modified liquor ban up to September 30 in the city, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor Edwin Olivarez said under the modified liquor ban, the ...

Jolina displaces 140,444 people 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The number of individuals affected by the effects of Typhoon Jolina has reached 140,444, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In its update on Saturday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said this ...

Caloocan News

Caloocan Mayor Oscar Malapitan

Caloocan mayor eyes longer ECQ 

account_balanceCaloocan chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Caloocan Mayor Oscar Malapitan said the city government will cooperate if ever the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region is extended, according to a report by GMA News.

At the Laging Handa public briefing, Malapitan noted that there are more days to monitor the trend of the number of COVID-19 cases in the region.

“Well, kung 'yun ang kinakailangan, kailangan ay makiisa tayo. Sundin natin…Kinakailangan nakasuporta ang lungsod sa Caloocan sa guidelines na ilalabas,” he added.

Metro Manila was placed last August 6th under ECQ that will last up to the 20th in light of the threat of the more transmissible Delta coronavirus variant in the country.

Malapitan said the number of COVID-19 cases in the city is rising “more than double.” He said the city government now has been recording 70 to 100 new cases daily from only 30 last month.

However, the mayor said their hospitals are not yet full as their bed capacity is occupied at 50 percent.

On Tuesday, the Department of Health said the ECQ currently in effect in the NCR may be extended due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases.

According to Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, the matter will still be discussed by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF).

“Nandiyan lagi 'yung posibilidad because based on our projections, kahit magkaroon tayo ng dalawang linggong ECQ, patuloy pong tataas ang mga kaso natin,” she said in an interview on GMA News’ Unang Balita.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Photo Courtesy of Caloocan PIO

Caloocan inmates given free teledermatology check-up 

account_balanceCaloocan chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

Libreng teledermatology consultation o check-up sa balat para sa Caloocan City Jail inmates o Persons Deprived of Liberty (PLDs) ang isinagawa sa Caloocan City Medical Center kahapon, September 14, 2021. Katuwang ang Philippine Dermatological Societ...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature