Caloocan marks Frontliners’ Day
Caloocan City celebrated on March 15 its first Frontliners’ Day to honor those who served the city during the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) period, which was imposed amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.
Mayor Oca Malapitan led the awarding of the frontliners together with the author of the ordinance, Councilor Vince Hernandez, and other city government officials.
“Isang taon ngayong araw simula ng unang ipatupad ng ating mahal na Pangulong Duterte ang unang community quarantine sa buong bansa. Isang taon na pagmamalasakit at paglilingkod ng ating mga bayani na nasa unahan ng ating laban sa pandemya (It has been a year today since President Duterte announced the first community quarantine nationwide. A year of care and service of our heroes who are at the forefront of our fight against the pandemic),” Malapitan said.
The following are the frontliners awarded by the local government:
- Dra. Evelyn Cuevas – City Health Officer
- Roberto Quizon – Action Officer of City Social Welfare and Management Department
- Police Captain Reynaldo Salazar – Caloocan Police
- Ruby Sugue – Emergency Room Head Nurse of Caloocan City Medical Center
- Fernando Daya – Barangay Health Worker
- Marlon Sulit – Emergency Response Personnel of City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office
- Genevieve Lyn Pineda – Community Relations Office Staff assigned in the distribution of relief assistance
- Gerard Guiller Santos – MedTech assigned in swab testing
- Emily Slater – Tourism Operations Officer assigned in the coordination of Locally Stranded Individuals
- Kap. Ronaldo Matias – Barangay 175
- SK Chairman Joselito Santiag – Barangay 176
- Elery Villadores – General Services Department staff assigned in the delivery of relief good
- Rolando Salcedo – garbage collector of City Environment and Management Department
- Edwin Gutierrez – Department of Public Safety and Traffic Management personnel assigned in the disinfection
Some of them even got infected as they led the fight against the virus, the local government said.
Malapitan also bestowed posthumous awards on Fidel Pascua Jr. of Caloocan City Medical Center and Teddie Balasi of the City’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, who succumbed to COVID-19.
On March 3, the Frontliners’ Day ordinance was passed to honor the hard work and sacrifices of all frontliners who served the people of the city.
Malapitan, meanwhile, encouraged the residents to follow health protocols amid the rising of COVID-19 active cases in the city.
“Ngayong tumataas na naman ang mga kaso ng Covid-19, ipakita natin ang ating pagmamalasakit at pasasalamat sa ating mga frontliners sa pamamagitan ng simpleng pagsusuot ng face mask at face shield at pagsunod sa social distancing. Malaking bagay po ito para sa kanila (Now that COVID-19 cases are again increasing, let us show concern and gratitude to our frontliners by simply wearing a face mask and face shield and following social distancing. This will be a great help to them),” he said.
“Hindi po nila kakayanin ang laban kung sila lang po ang lumalaban. Kailangan po nila ang tulong ng bawat isa (They will not be able to fight if they are the only ones fighting. They need everyone’s help),” he added.
Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto asked his constituents not to send him photos of them being injected with the COVID-19 vaccine in the buttocks, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. In a Facebook live Monday afternoon (April 12), the mayor said at l...
Taguig’s goal to vaccinate all its residents and healthcare workers against Covid-19 reached 15,689 as of Friday, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. A total of 899 out of 9,339 front-liners have already received their second dose...
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso assured that the city government has enough supply of the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine to administer second doses to those who were inoculated the first dose, according to a report by Manila ...
Ten new ambulances from the Department of Health (DOH) were turned over to the Manila city government on Monday (April 12), according to a report by Manila Bulletin. In a Facebook post, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said ...
Taos-pusong ipinaabot ni Mayor Oca Malapitan ang kaniyang pasasalamat sa United States Agency For International Development (USAID) at Department of Health (DOH) para sa tulong at suporta na natatanggap ng Pamahalaang Lungsod ng Caloocan kaugnay ng p...
Mayor Toby Tiangco Monday received his first dose of vaccine against Coronavirus Disease 2019. Tiangco was among 260 persons with comorbidities in Navotas who got jabbed with CoronaVac at San Jose Academy. Another 260 vaccinees also received the sa...